UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 21st Oct 2023, 4:32 pm   #1
PJC58-Hythe
Heptode

Default Yamaha PC2002M Thermal Protection Circuit

Please move if this post is in the wrong place.

This is for anyone who has to work on a Yamaha PC2002M and finds out that the thermal protection bolted to the heatsinks is not simply a thermal switch as detailed in all the service data. I assume this was a later modification which uses 2 x thermal switches and an SR (Set Reset) logic circuit, which not only drives the thermal LED indicator but also switches in the output protection IC and releases the output relays. The protection IC's, IC301 & 401, normally have pin 3 taken to ground but in this model it is connected to the thermal protection circuit. I have attached a PDF showing the circuit (which I had to trace out) and a picture of the PCB with one of the thermal switches removed. I hope this prevents someone else wasting time trying to find a service manual with this circuit in!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Yamaha PC2002M Thermal Protector.pdf (155.0 KB, 33 views)

http://www.retroworkshop.co.uk
Closed Thread