UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Oct 2017, 1:27 pm   #1
mick1966
Retired Dormant Member

Smile Grundig 4016

Hello,
I've got an old Grundig 4016 radio which has been stored in a loft for 10 or more years. It looked to be in fair condition so I have cleaned it up, removed all the cobwebs and dust and powered it up.

It works fine, although one of the speaker cones is ripped and the mains cable (2 core, uncoloured) looks a bit worn. I intend to fit a replacement mains cable but am unsure whether or not this particular radio has a 'live' chassis.

If it is a 'live' chassis would I be better off fitting a 2 core cable (as originally fitted) or if it's not a 'live' chassis can I use the chassis for the earth connection with a 3 core cable ?

any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated.
Old 1st Oct 2017, 2:06 pm   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Grundig 4016

The chassis in this is mains isolated. If there is no uneccessary hum, I would leave as supplied by the manufacturers with a 2 core mains lead. The speaker cone is easily repaired with PVA and soft tissue.
Old 1st Oct 2017, 5:47 pm   #3
mick1966
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Grundig 4016

Edward, thanks for the reply, there is very little hum so I'll fit a 2 core cable and I'll certainly have a go at repairing the speaker.
thank again.
mick.
Closed Thread