UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Oct 2012, 9:36 am   #21
RobinBirch
Hexode

Default Re: R1155 Power Supply

Yikes, that's a lot :-(

A thought, based on my own building of PSUs for 1155s. The LT for both the 1155 and 1154 is intended to be DC and as a result is not wired with all of the tricks to reduce hum that an AC set would have. As a result I have always built PSUs with a DC LT supply.

just a thought

Robin

G5HI
Old 4th Dec 2018, 4:54 pm   #22
trh01uk
Octode

Ray,

having built a R1155 psu not that long ago, I would recommend Radio_Dave's solution he posted in message #14. I like the choke input HT filter - it means you will get a pretty stable HT supply, which is always good to help the local oscillator stay on frequency! His solution is very similar to the one I designed.

Certainly the 1946 article also posted, which has dual choke filter sections is these days inappropriate. It mirrors the original solution that the RAF used described in AP1186E, with their PSU Type 114, which used 2 x 10H chokes each followed by a 4uF capacitor. As someone else pointed out, they were limited in the values of capacitance they could achieve back then - so they went for extra inductance.

Richard
Old 4th Dec 2018, 7:30 pm   #23
Radio_Dave
Nonode

I've only just realised the circuit I attached in post #14 has a mistake. The "audio in" should be connected to pin 6 of the socket and not pin 5. I've attached a corrected circuit below

Regards
David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R1155.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	173963  
Closed Thread