UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 17th Dec 2013, 3:57 pm   #1
telstar
Octode

Default KB MR10 glass dial fixing alternative

Hi. Whilst repairing my KB MR10 radio, the fixing tape holding it to the cabinet yielded - the glass did not break! However, I thought of using Evo-Stik Hot Melt Glue Gun to secure the glass - it seems to have securely held it in place. It would have been a difficult task to apply evo-stik on the glass and the plastic cabinet, as it would have been a guess on where to actually apply the glue to before actually positioning them accurately in place.
I also used it around the loudspeaker near a broken peg that a spring clip was fitted to.
Cheers
Mike
Old 17th Dec 2013, 9:27 pm   #2
Anthony Thomas
Hexode

Default Re: KB MR10 glass dial fixing alternative

I have worked in the motor trade for years and have found that those bonded windscreen sealing strips made by 3M are quite useful to stick things as this holds well and can be adjusted with care before it finaly adheres. It will stick to a lot of different surfaces.

Hot melt glue is also good and easy to use.

Tony
Old 19th Dec 2013, 12:06 pm   #3
telstar
Octode

Default Re: KB MR10 glass dial fixing alternative

Hi Anthony. Thanks for your reply. Your suggestion sounds good too, I might try it out on other radios.
It is a shame that K.B did not take more care in the construction of their radios, which actually weren't all that bad. I have some other K.B receivers which I hope to restore soon.
Cheers
Mike
Closed Thread