UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Nov 2007, 10:12 pm   #1
the_snark
Triode

Default Cambridge Slide Wire Potentiometer

Hi.

I've just bought a Cambridge Slide Wire Potentiometer as it was calling out to me to rescue it. Now I have it I'm not quite sure what it is. It appears to have terminals for a standard cell and 2 more marked G which I assume is for a galvanometer. There are 3 pairs of terminals marked 1 2 and 3 and another pair marked ACC which I assume is for an accumulator. The big dial is calibrated in millivolts so I guess that it can be used as a precision adjustable voltage source. Does anyone out there know how to use it or what it is for, apart from looking pretty when it has been polished up.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	potentiometer.JPG
Views:	469
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	13707  

Come over to the dark side ........... We have cookies!

Last edited by Station X; 27th Nov 2007 at 11:27 pm. Reason: To comply with forum rules.
Old 11th Apr 2008, 7:12 pm   #2
WME_bill
Octode

Default Re: Cambridge Slide Wire Potentiometer

Cambridge 44223 and 44226 Portable Potentiometer workshop pattern. Manual attached.
I also have information and circuits for Cambridge Decade Bridges, and the W G Pye Thermocouple Test Set 7556, which is similar to the Cambridge 44226.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CambridgePotentiometer44226_1.pdf (489.5 KB, 599 views)
Closed Thread