UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Aug 2014, 9:17 pm   #1
whyperion
Hexode

Default Rediffusion Music/Speech Switch Box

No idea what thread to put this unit under, another appearance from the in-laws, I also have some assortment of hearing-aid attachments to photograph (not Rediffusion). I have not seen one of these on Rediffusion forums and sites and assume it is for a radio based relay supply, but could be a treble/bass boost/cut on the audio side of TV relay.

I think there is a 2pin mini-jack output on the right hand side.

I have also pictured a small 2-pin plug for a Philips Philishave that I guess date from late 1950s, its not related to the Rediffusion unit!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rediffusion_Audio.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	96101  
Old 12th Aug 2014, 10:32 pm   #2
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)
Smile Re: Rediffusion Music/Speech Swich Box

Hi,
When I was a lad, our nextdoor neighbour had a Philishave with just such a plug and a bayonet lampholder adaptor. I think it contained a wire wound resistor and a 110/240volt selector between the pins.
It would also contain some asbestos, so be careful!
Cheers, Pete.
Old 14th Aug 2014, 12:50 am   #3
whyperion
Hexode

Default Re: Rediffusion Music/Speech Swich Box

The Rediffusion Switch has M 126 AB written on the back on a sticker.
Closed Thread