UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Mar 2019, 10:39 am   #1
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Default Lost 405 VHS tapes.

This is a difficult one but hope that somebody might be able to help.
My box of approximately 25 VHS tapes has become lost sometime during the last 2 years.

They are mostly 405 recordings made around 1984, recorded from a Bush 640 chassis. The content is varied including News, Junior Kickstart, films and much more including the closedown of BBC1 405 and ITA Croydon Ch9. There are also some copies made from the originals.

There is also some 625 material, 'Powerboat 66' and a very unique film [1924] transferred from 9.5mm Pathe home movie the relevance of which is of historic importance. Included are VHS test and alignment tapes, odds and ends.

It is possible these tapes were accidentally disposed off at a television event.

Please contact me via email if these tapes have come to light. Many thanks, John.

Moderators, please close this thread. Email or PM replies only. J.
Old 29th May 2019, 8:25 am   #2
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Default Lost 405 tapes [11th March]

The lost video tapes have now been located!

I was putting a shelf up on Monday and pulled some boxes clear to make room. They contained Philips optical units for projection TV and were wrapped in black plastic and parcel tape.

I discovered the tapes in an identical box wrapped the same way and labeled '405 tapes recorded 1982' I cannot remember wrapping them up but I have now discovered them 3 years later......

Thanks to everyone that kept an eye out for these. Regards, John.
Closed Thread