UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Jan 2020, 10:32 am   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Blue Cover Electronics (Services) Training Books - Two Volumes?

Hi!

About ten years ago I was given two Electronics Training/Work Books, spiral bound in light blue covers with white printed logos on them, covering the inspection, construction and assembly of Electronic Equipment and Components.

I can't remember the titles absolutely correctly unfortunately, and the books got destroyed in a fire in lock-ups out of my control along with a lot of valuable manuals!

The books consisted almost entirely of line drawings with brief captions and were issued to trainees in organisations like the Post Office, Marconi Instruments, M.O.D., the R.N., Cossor, Solartron, etc., in fact the books were published with co-operation between these organisations - mentioned inside the first page of each volume!

I think they were published early 1970s and I'd love to obtain replacements!

Does any Member recognise these books and can tell me the titles please? - I think it could have been something along the lines of "Wiring and Assembling Electronic Equipment".

I can recognise them from pictures of the front covers!

Chris Williams
Old 27th Jan 2020, 2:14 pm   #2
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Re: Blue Cover Electronics (Services) Training Books - Two Volumes?

Hi!

They were:–

a) Electronic Equipment Wiring and Assembling Vol 1 (Module G2);

b) Electronic Equipment Wiring and Assembling Vol 2 (Module G5)

. . .and I found out they were published by the Engineering Industry Training Board in 1973, so if any Member can assist with these, to purchase or scan, please PM me!

Chris Williams

Last edited by Chris55000; 27th Jan 2020 at 2:28 pm.
Old 28th Jan 2020, 11:14 am   #3
mike_newcomb
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Blue Cover Electronics (Services) Training Books - Two Volumes?

Hi Chris,
the mention of EITB brings back memories, as I used to work opposite their Offices in Clarendon Road, Watford.

Some years later, when they were closing, purchased a second hand ICL EDS60 (mainframe size - 60 million characters) Disk Drive from them. New was around £12.5 - 15k.

Google is your friend in such matters, searching for:

eitb training manuals

Finds hits such as: https://www.paperbackswap.com/Engine...d/author/?t=al

Your manuals are listed there and appear to be available.

Regards - Mike
Closed Thread