UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Feb 2019, 3:21 pm   #21
Maarten
Dekatron

Default Re: Pye K30

The supplements had to be put in the right places in the binder to work as intended, either replacing previous sheets or adding to them. Also, complete schematics for that particular variant were included with the set. I think Philips only ever used this style of manual for the System 4 and 3A chassis, so more people must have objected. While writing this, I think they used it in a limited way for some videorecorders as well.
Old 21st Feb 2019, 9:07 pm   #22
Philips210
Nonode

Default Re: Pye K30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Anorak View Post
As usual the better the manual the less likely you were to require it!
How true. I still quite liked the 'System 4' sets though which were well built and reasonable for repairs.
All manuals including the G6, G8, G9, G11, KT3/K30 and K35 were all easy to use. The 'system 4' was fairly complicated by comparison what with all the different variants of the the KT4/K40 chassis.
I was pleased to see the introduction of the 2A chassis, many didn't like it but I always found it to be OK. My favourite 'more recent' Philips chassis is the CP90/CP110 which gave good performance and generally reliable. The turning point was G90/G110 with extensive use of surface mount components so not the best to repair.

Regards
Symon
Closed Thread