UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 16th Feb 2019, 9:20 pm   #1
Ryan_1993
Hexode

Default Sansui XR-Q7 Dustcover Repair and Restoration

Hi all,

Does anyone on here offer a Dustcover lid refurbishment service? Normally I replace the entire lid when I acquire a new TT. My Pioneer PL-12D was easy to acquire a NOS lid for, but given that my Sansui XR-Q7 is such an extremely rare turntable I don’t think I’ll ever find a replacement that’s reasonbly priced.

I wondered if anyone could refurb my current lid. it has fine hairline scratches all over. Nothing majorly deep but I think it spoils the otherwise almost perfect aesthetic of it. I have heard with the right tools professionals can polish out the scratched surface layer with like a car polisher/buffer type device.

I would have a go myself, but I’ve never really dealt with Perspex plastic before and I don’t want to make it worse given that finding a replacement would be almost impossible.

Cheers

Ryan
Ryan_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote