UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 8th Jul 2018, 4:28 pm   #1
Pellseinydd
Heptode

Default A/B Box restoration

Does anyone know who sells the reproduction 'Penny/Sixpence/Shilling' coin denomination plates that fit on top of the old 'Box Coin Collecting No 14' better know as an A/B box. I know of a museum who've asked the question as they are restoring a K6 kiosk that has sat inside their museum since c1980. It is now to have an A/B box installed and connected to CNet with the original telephone number of the building from 90+ years ago for visitors to bring back memories of the telephone system as it was in days of old.

The firm I thought sold them - Unicorn Restorations - don't list them any more and neither do the other kiosk restoration firms that I can find

Ian
CNet 0352 2345
MR ETD 053-6278
Old 8th Jul 2018, 7:27 pm   #2
BigClick
Hexode

Default Re: A/B Box restoration

I got one but I cant remember at the moment from where... I cant see it in my purchase history for the auction sites so I might struggle.

Its just a resin copy painted with old gold / brass paint

Have you considered moulding one yourself if you can get one to copy?
Old 9th Jul 2018, 8:46 pm   #3
Pellseinydd
Heptode

Default Re: A/B Box restoration

Thats a thought - I bought a cast resin one when I restored this kiosk - I wonder if I can find where I bought that one from plus they had cast aluminium ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0853.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	165817  
Closed Thread