UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 1st Sep 2015, 10:55 pm   #1
electrogram
Heptode

Default Load of radios for sale Colchester

Load of radios for sale at REEMAN DANSIE Colchester tomorrow. Dont know how to do the link. I won't be going its miles away.
Old 1st Sep 2015, 11:10 pm   #2
Jeremy M0RVB
Hexode

Default Re: Load of radios for sale Colchester

Here - radios start on page 32:
http://www.reemandansie.com/index.ph...d=3265&page=32

Jeremy
Old 5th Sep 2015, 10:49 am   #3
Dickie
Octode

Browsing the hammer prices I don't think there were many bargains to be had. Especially when you add on the 18% fees +VAT.

Richard, BVWS member
Old 5th Sep 2015, 1:26 pm   #4
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Apart from two lots though, they were all at the lower end of the estimate.

I didn't think there were any noteworthy sets (unless you class a DAC90A as 'noteworthy', which I don't). The sets averaged £7.00 - £8.00 each, some lots averaged less, one or two made more.

I guess it was an 'estate sale' - certainly a good way of disposing of sets. I recently sold two sets at a local auction house - one a Grundig 3090 with no valves - the other a pre-war Ferranti 515PB, working but in need of restoration. The pair fetched £90.00 - none of the usual hassles of listing via an auction site - no listing to do or pics to upload, no packing, no risk of damage in transit, no disputes about 'not as described' etc. Most auction houses these days have internet bidding which widens the range of bidders considerably and many lots are sold on the screen - not to bidders in the room. (Our local auction charges £2.50 for internet listing whether or not the lot is sold).

Way to go.
Closed Thread