UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Nov 2013, 8:15 am   #141
seymour32
Tetrode

Default Re: Tuac Amplifier modules

As requested
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TUAC20001.pdf (284.4 KB, 504 views)
Old 10th Nov 2013, 9:45 pm   #142
Valvepower
Octode

Default Re: Tuac Amplifier modules

Hi Chris,

Thanks for uploading the circuit for the TUAC amplifier. I figure this is an earlier circuit (circa 1973?) than the one I copied, which was made in 1979. I’ve had a quick look at the two and noticed the following:

Later unit
Parallel combination of the 2K7 & 5R6 resistors both in series with the 22uF capacitor in the inner DC feedback loop, CR network across the driver transformer primary (I’m wondering if this is in place of the parallel resistor capacitor in the main feedback loop in the earlier unit?) and DC coupling of the main feedback loop. And of course the plethora of feedback resistors!

Early unit
3R9 in series with the bases of the output transistors, AC coupling of the main feedback loop, slightly different feedback arrangement with a potential divider and a 100pF capacitor across the 18K (?) feedback resistor. This is less the plethora of feedback resistors found on the later unit.

Apart from the above they are more or less the same.

Terry
Closed Thread