UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Jun 2010, 11:18 pm   #1
BGmidsUK
Retired Dormant Member

Smile Pye 48 (67 Chassis) info wanted

Hi, I wonder if anyone has a circuit diagram and possibly service sheets for this set?

My set could do with a bit of TLC as the 405 line hold has always had to be near one end to lock in, with line osc. drifting a bit during warm-up but now it's refusing to lock in at all (OK on 625). There is quite a big range on both controls.

I mostly use the set on 405 and have set the tuner to give 1 Band I plus 2 Band III 405 channels with 3 625 channels. (Easily set by moving the pins behind the knob which operate the Bowden cable actuator). One channel was previously set to Band III 625 as I discovered when tuning in. I haven't found an obvious way to move the nylon band switch spacers though and don't wish to damage them!

The set is really easy to access, though I'd sooner not lift components unnecessarily to reduce the (albeit small) risk of damaging them!

Thanks in advance

Brian
Old 21st Jun 2010, 9:27 pm   #2
Tazman1966
Nonode

Default Re: Pye 48 (67 Chassis) info wanted

Hi Brian.

The plastic band switch lugs simply pull out. It's the same tuner as in my Pye CT71.

Hope that helps.
Old 21st Jun 2010, 9:36 pm   #3
KeithsTV
Nonode

Here's an article on renovating this chassis from March 78 with the timebase circuits.

I'm sure there is an LLJ article on it but I haven't found that yet.

Keith
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pye67 renovation.PDF (521.1 KB, 190 views)
Old 21st Jun 2010, 11:04 pm   #4
KeithsTV
Nonode

A further search revealed the LLJ article where he covers a number of related Pye chassis.

Keith
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pye67LLJ.PDF (1.20 MB, 191 views)
Old 21st Jun 2010, 11:25 pm   #5
BGmidsUK
Retired Dormant Member

That's great thanks - I've been searching everywhere for info on this chassis but so far to no avail!

Taz, I thought that may be the case. I did think the tuner would be the same as your Pye set luckily in mine there is only the single Bowden cable with a cam to operate the system switch on the IF module.

The set was behaving itself last night but was still struggling a bit to lock onto a 405 signal. The 625 hold is also almost at one end.

Brian
Old 22nd Jun 2010, 8:30 am   #6
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Hello Brian,
I have a spare original copy of the PYE '67 chassis manual if you would like it.
RV256-A-B. I'll put it in the post foc if you wish to PM me your details. John.
Closed Thread