UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 21st Jul 2014, 8:43 pm   #1
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Herald PABX

We have been contacted by a non-member, representing a Private Railway, who has a Herald PABX that was damaged in a lightning strike last year.
The PABX is in the Melton Mowbray area, but the two cards are with the Gentleman in the Huntingdon area.
The board numbers are ASU1A1/SA20003 and ASU1A1/SA20550.
If anyone can help, please PM me for contact details.
Old 21st Jul 2014, 10:02 pm   #2
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: Herald PABX

I do have some spare Herald ASUs, but would have to check out which cards the above are. By all means PM me the contact details.
Old 22nd Jul 2014, 3:15 pm   #3
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Thanks to Bill for sending the contact details. I have emailed the enquirer that I can supply a replacement for the first board 1A1/SA20003 (tone card). Unfortunately, the other number quoted is the processor card (identifiable by a green handle), with which I cannot help. I suspect that he will have great difficulty finding a replacement for this.

I have suggested to him that I pass his query on to the Telephone Heritage Group if no one here can help.
Old 22nd Jul 2014, 7:57 pm   #4
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Good news, everybody. It seems that the processor card is probably OK. Once I have sent the tone card (currently waiting for address) and I have received confirmation whether the problem is cured, I shall report back. Until informed otherwise, it can be assumed that the problem is on its way to a solution.
Old 23rd Jul 2014, 12:11 pm   #5
Dave Moll
Dekatron

The tone card is on its way. I shall now await updates on the success or otherwise of the operation.