UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Oct 2022, 11:31 pm   #1
Bazz4CQJ
Dekatron

Default Exceptional YouTube Contributor

I’ve stumbled upon this amazing guy on YouTube. He’s Dutch, probably about "our age", may have worked for Philips and he’s right up our street. He must have over 100 features on there, I’ve looked at ~6 of them and the rest are to do; prime fodder for the Xmas break

Go to YouTube and search for radiofun232; I doubt if anyone on this forum will be disappointed!

B
Old 25th Oct 2022, 2:38 am   #2
Terry_VK5TM
Nonode

Default Re: Exceptional YouTube Contributor

To save anybody searching, here's his video list https://www.youtube.com/user/radiofun232/videos all sorts of interesting stuff.
Old 25th Oct 2022, 3:16 am   #3
joebog1
Banned

True that is Terry!!. Took me a while to find.
Yep Bazz, you are right, something for everyone.

Joe
Old 25th Oct 2022, 11:10 am   #4
G0HZU_JMR
Dekatron

I've been watching the radiofun232 (Ko Tilman) videos on youtube for about 10 years or so. At one time the channel was named something like radioam232, but it changed to radiofun232 about 10 years ago.

I find his videos to be very relaxing and enjoyable to watch and usually watch them as they appear. There's usually something every few days or so.
Old 25th Oct 2022, 11:21 am   #5
G0HZU_JMR
Dekatron

Ko Tilman (radiofun232) has also published some books, and these are on what he calls the 'lulu' website.

https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/radioam232

I've not bought any of the books myself. I think some are written in dutch and some are in english.
Old 25th Oct 2022, 1:38 pm   #6
Bazz4CQJ
Dekatron

Yes, I'm really pleased that I stumbled upon him. My impression is that he's technically sound and he makes videos that are very watchable and there's such a backlog to catch up on .

B
Old 25th Oct 2022, 2:44 pm   #7
G0HZU_JMR
Dekatron

What's also impressive is that he does virtually every video in one take with no editing/pasting prior to upload. I believe his camera batteries last for about 15 to 18 minutes and this dictates the maximum length for each video.