UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Mar 2019, 4:49 pm   #1
jonnybear
Octode

Default Roberts 757 r250 long wave coil?

I have just been asked to have a look at a friends Roberts 757 which I think he had been either heavy handed or dropped it as the ferrite aerial had come out of its mountings, luckily enough only one wire was broken, it was the one on the LW coil, I can not see where it was attached and not having a circuit diagram or another radio to compare find it difficult.Wire that is detached is from the left side of the coil, hope someone can help.
John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06921.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	180156  
Old 18th Mar 2019, 6:50 pm   #2
Jolly 7
Octode

Default Re: Roberts 757 r250 long wave coil?

In my Roberts, a different model, there are four wires coming from the longwave coil on the component side passing through a hole on the PCB. They are red, black, green and without colour. Markings LR, LB, LG and LW respectively on the solder side of the PCB board denote the pads where the wires are / should be soldered.
Does your radio's PCB have similar markings to mine ? If it's just one wire that's disconnected it should be easy to find out which one as one of the aforementioned solder pads will have no litz wire or a broken piece of litz attached to it. The floating end of the loose LW coil may have to be scraped and tinned before attempting reconnection to the corresponding solder pad.

Last edited by Jolly 7; 18th Mar 2019 at 6:57 pm.
Old 18th Mar 2019, 8:48 pm   #3
michamoo
Hexode

Any help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roberts revival.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	180167  
Old 23rd Mar 2019, 10:00 pm   #4
jonnybear
Octode

Thank you both for response I managed in the end to snitch another friends radio R250, as Jolly7 said the PC on his R250 it did have LR LB etc but not on the R757 although the PC was identical, anyway all OK now. thread can be closed
Closed Thread