UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jul 2011, 10:09 am   #1
gordon7809
Retired Dormant Member

Default B&H 16mm projector.

Hi My friend has a 16mm Bell and Howell projector. When switched on and the motor is run there is a consistent crackle like bacon frying from the speakers. I have changed the smoothing capacitor in the power supply, but still the same. I suspect the suppressor capacitor on the motor but it doesn't appear to have one. Any ideas, Guys.
Old 23rd Jul 2011, 8:42 pm   #2
Lucien Nunes
Rest in Peace

Default Re: B&H 16mm projector.

Which model is the proj? Does the interference only occur with the motor running? Is the sound normal except for the interference? Does it change when switching to silent speed? Does it increase and decrease with the volume control?

B&H used universal, induction, and DC motors over the years, I'm presuming this is a universal but the model No. will tell. If so, the cause might be the governor bypass resistor being open, as the governor arcs quite heavily.

Lucien
Old 1st Aug 2011, 12:26 pm   #3
gordon7809
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: B&H 16mm projector.

The projector is a B&H 1680 I think. Crackle increases with the volume control. The sound is ok apart from the crackle that only happens with the motor running.
Closed Thread