UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Jan 2016, 9:06 pm   #1
rovernut
Pentode

Default Marconi 2022C off frequency

Hi

I have just bought a Marconi 2022C, worked OK when it arrived. I was about to use it in anger and suddenly all frequencies below 62.5MHz are way way off (and not stable) that keyed in and displayed on the front panel. I have looked at various other threads on the forum, and the suggestion is that IC2 (OM345) had died. Is there an easy way of confirming this before I dive in with soldering iron etc. (There are two sellers of these on eBay, has anyone used either of them ?)

Cheers
Richard
Old 30th Jan 2016, 10:08 pm   #2
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Default Re: Marconi 2022C off frequency

Yup, measure across all of the pins of the device to ground, if more than one of them shows around 7vdc it is toast
Old 4th Feb 2016, 2:10 pm   #3
rovernut
Pentode

Default Re: Marconi 2022C off frequency

Hi

All now working again.

IC2 had failed, just replaced this with a mmic based one and all is OK . No need to re-calibrate as this is in the PLL circuit

Cheers
Richard
m0ysr
Closed Thread