UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Oct 2013, 2:41 pm   #1
Wendymott
Octode

Default ADRET 470A Generator

Hi peeps.
I am fortunate to have an Adret 470A Signal generator, which mostly works ok. The memory battery needs replacing, but that's no matter. The main problem is in FM Mode. The modulation has a nasty 5 Hz ripple on top of the carrier, and sounds horrendous.........Both in FM and O,M mode.... AM is Ok
I have checked every pin on the Bus on every module with a scope for any waveform that could possibly create this distortion, but nothing is found. I can however stop the nasty by disconnecting the coax connector from the "80 steps" module, "see photo"......... Internal investigation of this module shown no distressed components or anything that needs changing....The manual I downloaded is in French, but is not too difficult to understand.
Pity is I don't have a module extender to work on the module out of its case.
I wonder if any of you have any better ideas ?? It is a pity as this generator, although big and heavy, is ideal for Vintage radio work.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Adret modules.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	85541  
Closed Thread