UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th May 2018, 7:17 pm   #1
944Porsche
Retired Dormant Member

Default Blaupunkt Wiring and Fader Control

Trying to figure out how the wiring will work on a vintage blaupunkt I bought. It's going in an 84 Porsche 944. Coming from an aftermarket late 90s early 2000s radio not the original. I guess I have to wire both speakers on each side to one plug? From what I've found the power antenna has three wires (ground-ignition 12v-constant 12v) Would it operate properly if I wire it to the ignition 12v that will go into the blaupunkt and the constant 12v that is in the radio I have in it now (yellow wire). There is also blue/white wire on the diagram but I don't think I saw it when I pulled the radio. Tips on how to connect two wires together would help also, never done it.
Old 8th May 2018, 10:26 pm   #2
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Blaupunkt Wiring and Fader Control

In my opinion it would be better to connect the power antenna to a permanent +12v supply, with the switched +12v connected to the Power antenna line on the stereo |(All Blaupunkt Car Radios of which I know have an automatic antenna connection) Wiring both speakers from each side to one plug is not ideal. If you tell us the exact model name & number of the radio you are fitting ( Blaupunkt radios all have part numbers beginning 76 - e.g. 7635123456,, and a model name which is usually that of a city. Pictures would also help us to help you. Is the radio you are intending to fit Mono or Stereo, by the way?
Closed Thread