UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Jul 2020, 2:08 pm   #1
omegaman1969
Tetrode

Default Schaub Lorenz 5001 need help

Afternoon all,

I have a couple of 5001 music centres, 1 works fine, the other one needs some work.

I have gone through the basics, fixed the lack of illumination (blown fuse) checked all the relays and cleaned the connections. Sorted the seized tuning capacitors etc.

I now have the radio working, on AM at least. The tape player doesn't play. When I switch the tape unit on, it lights up and the large wheel on the left (viewed from the front) is spinning happily. I have cleaned all the leaf contacts that I can see. The selector is very stiff to turn compared to my working set.

What would be the best thing to check next ?

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 7th Jul 2020, 10:44 pm   #2
tri-comp
Heptode

Default Re: Schaub Lorenz 5001 need help

Have a look at this:
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=106148
You'll even find a link for a download of the full service-manual in post #11.
Be carefull when downloading the manual; select the right download-button or you may have your computer infected with nasties.
The right button is the larger blue squareish button that has a white cloud with a blue arrow pointing in.

Good luck fixing this lot

rgds,

/Torben
Old 10th Jul 2020, 5:10 pm   #3
omegaman1969
Tetrode

Default Re: Schaub Lorenz 5001 need help

Thanks, I have the service manual.....I'll keep checking switches etc .
Closed Thread