UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2021, 6:30 pm   #1
John_Rt
Diode

Default SEI/GEC Minitest dismantling

Dear all
I wonder if anyone can possibly help me
I have an old SEI minitest Multimeter from i think the early 60's
it has served me well over the years but unfortunately the front glass has become loose and fallen in touching the needle.
I just can't see how the meter comes out so I can rebed the glass.
I have removed the selector knob and the aluminium plate under it hoping there would be some hidden fixing screws but nothing. I am completely stumped and I don't want to force anything and end up breaking something.
Any help would be gratefully received
JOhn
Old 16th May 2021, 8:23 pm   #2
stuarth
Heptode

Default Re: SEI/GEC Minitest dismantling

If it's the same as mine, the back fixing screws go into threaded pillars with very shallow hexagon heads. Unscrew these and the movement, complete with battery holders, can be lifted out of the case.

You may want to unsolder the wires for the batteries and the movement first, or you won't be able to lift it very far out of the case!

Stuart
Old 16th May 2021, 8:24 pm   #3
stuarth
Heptode

Default Re: SEI/GEC Minitest dismantling

Oh, and welcome to the forum
Closed Thread