UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Oct 2013, 4:36 pm   #1
Alex_Drastico
Retired Dormant Member

Default Issue on the Blaupunkt RTV-966 (Panasonic NV-HS1000 clone)

Dear all,
I've a big problem on my Blaupunkt RTV-966. The issue can be:
- Sometimes I can only power on the VCR and after a few second it suddenly switch off;
- Sometimes I'm able of playing an entire VHS-C cassette, then, when the tape ends or after rewinding it, the VCR switch off.

After the mentioned switch off, the VCR cannot be powered on. Only after a while it is start again to respond to the power on command.

What are your suggestion on the potential causes of this behaviour?

Thanks in advance for your help
Old 12th Oct 2013, 4:43 pm   #2
John123
Heptode

Default Re: Issue on the Blaupunkt RTV-966 (Panasonic NV-HS1000 clone)

Check PSU for ripple or voltage drops, check capacitors. If you have erroneous mechanical issues as well, maybe try cleaning the mode switch.
Old 14th Oct 2013, 1:54 pm   #3
Alex_Drastico
Retired Dormant Member

Thank you John for your prompt reply. I'm going to try cleaning the mode switch. The updated scenario is now a powered on VCR with a stuck cassette inside. On the top of that, from the first time I had this VCR, the only way I managed to get the tape out was holding the door open while pressing eject.

I'll let you know.
Cheers
Old 14th Oct 2013, 10:05 pm   #4
vhs doctor
Pentode

Alex if the vcr is 100% clone of NV-HS1000 it has service mode.You can make fault diagnosis.
Sent me a pm with your email to sent you the service manual.
Old 15th Oct 2013, 3:06 am   #5
John123
Heptode

Sounds like it's mechanical problems, they're always the worst. If possible, try to cycle the mechanism by hand with the power off. This will prevent any damage to plastic parts occurring through misalignment. I find it's often much easier to observe the fault condition that way also.
Old 20th Oct 2013, 8:56 am   #6
Michael Maurice

Alex, this machine uses the Panasonic K deck.

The most common problem is the little coupling on the mode motor which is under the deck.

Unfortunately due to Panasonics brilliant design, one of the screws to get the deck out, us under the cassette compartment!

You can release the tape by removing the four screws that hold the cassette holder in place and lifting it out, then you can get to the screw holding the mech chassis to the cabinet.

I suggest you find a service manual for the K mech as you will need to know how to carry out the alignment and timing.

While you've got the deck out, check the main lever, the big plastic plate for cracks, if it is cracked it will need replacing together with the brakes. But dont dismantle if you don't have to, a visual inspection will suffice.

Please note Panasonic do not provide spare parts any longer, though some people might have spares. In the 1990's/early 2000's I would be repairing about five or six of these machines a week for these faults.

When you come to refitting the front cover, hold the door in while fitting it so that the door is behind the opening lever

The power supplies rarely gave problems on these machines.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Closed Thread