UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Oct 2013, 12:44 pm   #1
Studio263
Octode

Default Another mystery TV set

In this article here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...wn-floors.html

Go down to the bottom, it looked to me like a KB VC100 at first but I think the back is the wrong shape for one of those, Pye 169 perhaps?
Old 25th Oct 2013, 1:13 pm   #2
bobbyball
Octode

Default Re: Another mystery TV set

Eerie indeed.

A sister of my grandmother kept her parents' house as it was when they finally passed on, for years until most of it had been stolen. I went in it once and there were radios I would have killed form but she just wanted it to be "as it was" - very macabre but Auntie Nellie was not to be argued with. No TV's though...

Can't make out any controls on the front of the set in the last picture, perhaps it's one of those GEC sets with them along the top at the back, mid '70s vintage
Old 25th Oct 2013, 1:39 pm   #3
yampy187
Hexode

I'm 99% sure that's a GEC! One of the fineline series maybe? Could be totally wrong though.....
Old 25th Oct 2013, 3:33 pm   #4
FERNSEH
Dekatron

I reckon that's a GEC all right.

DFWB.
Old 25th Oct 2013, 3:33 pm   #5
hamid_1
Heptode

I agree - it looks like a G.E.C. Fineline ("Series One" 625 line UHF monochrome chassis) with the controls on top, dating from c. 1972. Very rare now - I haven't seen one since 1986.

Abandoned buildings like that one have been discovered before. Some time ago, another one was found full of old televisions, radios and electronics. It's kind of sad to see all that stuff quietly rotting away. But it's also kind of sad now that it's been discovered, vandals and looters will finish it off.
Old 25th Oct 2013, 8:08 pm   #6
Tazman1966
Nonode

Another vote for GEC from me - either Series 1 or Series 2. If I remember correctly it was the position of the mains dropper and the smoothers that was the main difference.

There's a series 1 in this thread
Old 26th Oct 2013, 1:22 pm   #7
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Hi
Agree - it's got the controls on the top. Like Hamid, I'm very concerned that now it's public it will attract uninvited guests. There are some things there that will certainly appeal to the ebay crowd.

Glyn

Last edited by Welsh Anorak; 26th Oct 2013 at 1:30 pm.
Closed Thread