UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Nov 2011, 1:54 pm   #1
murphymad
Heptode

Default BVWS Royal Wootton Bassett Meeting 4th December

Hi All,

It is now only a week and a half until the Royal Wootton Bassett event.

For those people who have booked tickets and stalls, all tickets have now been sent out and you should already have received them or will receive them in the next couple of days.

There is only one stall remaining and then the hall and annex is full, so get in touch soon!

There will be the usual approx 250 (or more) lot Auction as the BVWS store is bulging at the doors with stuff, and we have much more lined up to go out and collect for next year.

I will endeavor to do the usual lot pictures for the BVWS website, but that is dependant on the weather as I have to photograph them outside. I will start this later this week and expect to have the pictures and Auction list to Paul early to middle of next week.

REMINDER !!!

New door times: Stall Holder entry 9:30 am General entry 10:00 am

I look forward to seeing many of you there on the day with the usual Mince Pie greeting.

Mike...
Old 29th Nov 2011, 1:29 pm   #2
murphymad
Heptode

Default Re: BVWS Royal Wootton Bassett Meeting 4th December

Hi all,

As of this morning we are absolutely full up for stalls in the main hall and there will also be a number in the Annex as well as the Bring & Buy tables.

I have so far loaded half of the van with Auction items and taken 106 pictures of the lots (not all lots will be photographed).

I will be continuing with lotting part of today and Tomorrow and then sending up the rest of the pictures to Paul with the Auction Catalogue to be put on the BVWS website.
We are currently looking at 280 to 300 lots.

REMINDER:

Stall Holder entry 9:30am

Doors Open to all visitors 10:am

I look forward to seeing you all there.

If there are any non-BVWS members who would like to come along and see what happens, then you are welcome to join us. You may wish to join the Society on the day when you see what your missing. However only BVWS members can take part in the Auction.

All the best,

Mike...
Old 30th Nov 2011, 11:40 pm   #3
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I have now added 187 photos of auction lots to the BVWS website here http://www.bvws.org.uk/auctions/phot...tton-dec-2011/

As Mike said above there will be about 280-300 lots in total so there are many more items that he has not been able to photograph.

I expect to receive the catalogue from Mike tomorrow morning (he is burning the midnight oil completing it) and will add it here and on the website once I have it.

From the photos it looks like a good range of varied and interesting sets and equipment.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 1st Dec 2011, 12:45 am   #4
ajs37
Heptode

Tthanks to Mike and Paul - lots of interesting stuff there! The new layout on the BVWS website makes navigation very easy.

See you on Sunday,
Andy.
Old 1st Dec 2011, 10:33 am   #5
Paul Stenning
Administrator

The catalogue as of now is attached and will be on the website shortly. There will almost certainly be more items added by Sunday.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WB_Auction_DEC_2011.pdf (16.4 KB, 1052 views)

Paul Stenning
Old 1st Dec 2011, 12:05 pm   #6
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Many thanks for all the work to put this together (as well as even more still to come).

I much appreciated that many of the photos showed the lot number, enabling cross-reference with the catalogue - especially on the occasions when my reaction to the picture was "what on earth is that?"

I'm much looking forward to Sunday.
Old 1st Dec 2011, 1:48 pm   #7
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs37 View Post
The new layout on the BVWS website makes navigation very easy.
Thank you. That was one of the aims with the update so I'm pleased it's working well for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Moll View Post
I much appreciated that many of the photos showed the lot number, enabling cross-reference with the catalogue - especially on the occasions when my reaction to the picture was "what on earth is that?"
Again that is something we are trying to do whenever possible. All the lots that are photographed by Mike and others doing the lotting should now have the numbers shown in the photographs.

Those where the photos are sent by sellers bringing the items on the day generally won't, however I have now added numbers to the top left corner of about 15 of these. There are just the first 10 photos which I can't identify with 100% certainty that don't have numbers now.

Paul Stenning
Old 2nd Dec 2011, 10:57 am   #8
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Good morning,
I am thinking about going on Sunday but I cannot stay all day as it is my mother's birthday and will probably have to leave fairly early.

Christopher Capener
Old 3rd Dec 2011, 4:47 pm   #9
Hunts smoothing bomb
Octode

Hi everyone,

I don't wish to sound silly but is there a sensible limit to how many items you can put on the bring and buy?

I am planning on bringing 3 average table radios, 2 small table radios, some 2 x Labgear PSU's and an oscilloscope, would this be acceptable?

What is the commission percentage?

Lastly when do you collect your money? (If your items sell that is) Is it the end of the day?

Once again sorry if I appear a little clueless, I just haven't sold anything on the bring and buy before that hasn't been a donation.

Can't wait for tomorrow by the way, really looking forward to it!!

Cheers
Old 3rd Dec 2011, 4:51 pm   #10
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Smile Re: BVWS Royal Wootton Bassett Meeting 4th December

Good afternoon,
Does anyone know of the address and postcode of the memorial hall ?

Christopher Capener
Old 3rd Dec 2011, 5:02 pm   #11
Hunts smoothing bomb
Octode

Hello Chris,

SN4 7DZ

You can't miss the hall. If you come from the high street end and turn left into Station Road the first road you come to on the left is Tanners Close, turn into this road and the hall and carpark is immediately on the right, have a look at google maps and type in the postcode.

Cheers
Old 3rd Dec 2011, 5:45 pm   #12
Alan Stepney
Rest in Peace

Just to add to that, the turning from the High Street into Station Rd, is easy to spot. It is opposite the dellghtful half-timbered building.
The car park at the hall is soon filled, but there is more on-street parking along Tanners Close.
Old 3rd Dec 2011, 6:00 pm   #13
Cobaltblue

Hi Lee

The Commission on the Bring and Buy is 10% which goes to BVWS funds.
There is no limit to items to put on the Bring and Buy but just rememmber if it doesn't sell you need to take it away again.

When You put items on the B&B you need to attach a label (supplied) which contains the price, your name and and information (description)
You can get your money at any time after an item has been sold.

Usually not too much on the B&B sells once the Auction has started.

Myself (Mike T) Barrie and Mike B usually tend the stall with assistance as required from Gordon.

Look foward to seeing you tomorrow.

Enjoy
Mike T
Old 3rd Dec 2011, 6:03 pm   #14
Hunts smoothing bomb
Octode

Thank you Mike, that sounds excellent, I was aware of the fact you have to take away items that don't sell, that is fine. Thanks for the info and look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Cheers
Old 3rd Dec 2011, 6:29 pm   #15
Richard
Heptode

Hi

So doors open at 10:00.
What time does the auction starts at?
Is there a cafe?

Thanks

Richard
Old 3rd Dec 2011, 6:43 pm   #16
Cobaltblue

Hi Richard

Yes there are very good facilities for food and drink run by Mike's (Murphymad) Mum. I am not sure what time the Auction will start due to the revised door times. In the past its been 13:00. Mike may change that.

Enjoy
Mike T
Old 3rd Dec 2011, 6:45 pm   #17
Alan Stepney
Rest in Peace

The catering is superb. An excellent selection of home made cakes, sandwiches etc.

The auction starts at 1pm, perhaps earlier considering the earlier-than-usual opening time and the number of lots to get through.
Old 3rd Dec 2011, 7:19 pm   #18
Cobaltblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltblue View Post

There is no limit to items to put on the Bring and Buy but just remmember if it doesn't sell you need to take it away.
A bit of clarification although there is no formal limit everyone should use their good judgement.

If you have a lot of items you will have far better control and be able to negotiate prices with your own stall. Quite a few members book joint stalls if they don't feel they have enough items by themselves.

That said as long as everybody doesn't bring half their stuff it will be fine

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow

Enjoy
Mike T
Old 4th Dec 2011, 8:27 pm   #19
chriswood1900
Octode

Many thanks to Mike and all the helpers for another excellent day in RWB, I enjoyed myself and bought and found several items I wanted. Chris
Old 4th Dec 2011, 9:32 pm   #20
Hunts smoothing bomb
Octode

Brilliant day out today,

In the auction I bought a nice example of a Perdio Portarama 405 line telly, an uncracked ivory DAC90A with a good scale and complete with back plus a couple of "scrapper" sets to help repair others.

Off the stall holders I bought an unusual working frequency counter whos display uses filaments for the digits, rather like the old petrol pumps in the 80's - early ninetees, and a very old book called "Radio Engineering" which should make good bedtime reading, all of todays purchases were bought with funds raised from the sale of bits and bobs which I put on the bring and buy table, (Nice to meet you Mike T) so didn't actually spend any money

A massive thanks to Mike B and the team, the guys running the Bring & Buy, the caterers for top nosh and generally everyone who helped out to make for another great event!

Cheers