UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 7th May 2009, 9:01 pm   #1
anthony lawrenc
Retired Dormant Member

Default Bush rp 50 +60

hi everyone just a quick question whats the diffrence between these two machines . I got the 50 for my 11 birthday in 1968 the 60was my sisters she got it in 1970 the reason i ask is i got the circuit diagram for the 60 from above recently and wondered if it will do for the 50 ? they look the same cosmeticaly with a fiew subtle diffrences havnt opend the 50 yet its still working but its not what it was [caps perhaps] my memory tells me it used to sound much better but that was a long time ago and both it and me are getting on a bit . I tried the cart in the 60 it worked fine thanks Anthony
Old 8th May 2009, 2:27 pm   #2
geofy
Retired Dormant Member

Post Re: Bush rp 50 +60

Not familiar with these, any chance of a picture.

G
Old 8th May 2009, 3:54 pm   #3
julie_m
Dekatron

Default Re: Bush rp 50 +60

The RP60 information is available "up top" -- hope I'm not giving away too much by saying UY85, UCL82, motor as autotransformer. Yet, it seems to date from the early 1970s. Had someone at Bush found a box of valves lying about, or what?

I can't find any information on the RP50; but there was an earlier RP40, which used the same valve line-up as the RP60. It certainly seems seems reasonable to suppose that the RP50 would have used valves, though, as the transistor machines with the isolated power supplies were designated SRPxx.

If it's similar to the RP40 or RP60, then it will have the chassis connected to mains neutral; so take the usual precautions when working on it.
Old 10th May 2009, 8:36 pm   #4
anthony lawrenc
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Bush rp 50 +60

after looking inside these machines theres no diffrence exept that the rp60 has an extra capacitor its conected to one of the pins on the ucl82 other end to chassi there isnt one on the rp50 acording to the service sheet there was a Murphy version of this rplayer as well . Im intrested in this machine purely for sentimental reasons its clearly not one of BUSHes best oferings very basic [like a Dansette]and poor sound .Ireplaced the three electrolytic caps that are combined in one can and its working well again many thanks Anthony
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moto_0469.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	25337   Click image for larger version

Name:	moto_0468.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	25338  

Last edited by anthony lawrenc; 10th May 2009 at 8:58 pm. Reason: adding pictyres
Closed Thread