UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 5th Dec 2005, 4:39 am   #1
Andrew c
Tetrode

Default restored Marconiphone

Hello All this is a 1970`s Marconiphone I got this one from a friend and with a broken aerial and covered in dust and grime this was a very sad looking radio and it suffered from low volume so the case was stripped of its chassis. the case scale and handle were all cleaned and polished and while all this dried I began my investigation and located the fault a dry joint on the audio IC the switches and push buttons cleaned the radio was reassembled and given a final polish job done the sound on this is not bad and there is plenty of it and it is quite sensitive on all wave bands.
Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0196.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	2192   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0197.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	2193  

Last edited by Andrew c; 5th Dec 2005 at 4:43 am.
Old 5th Dec 2005, 11:57 am   #2
GJR 11L
Heptode

Default Re: restored Marconiphone

That looks rather good, I'd say it's got the style of the Grundig *_* boys of the period. It looks like new too! Nice chief, very nice.
Old 5th Dec 2005, 6:51 pm   #3
howard
Nonode

Default Re: restored Marconiphone

Hello Andy.

I like 1970s radios, and as Phil says, its certainly very Grundig/ITT like, slider controls, and wood effect slatted grille ....

Well done Andy, a good old radio well worth restoring and nicely done

Howard
Closed Thread