UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 12th May 2009, 2:13 pm   #1
ekcobeach
Rest in Peace

Default Stylus for Garrard AT6

Hi All, I have just bought a radiogram with a Garrard AT6 deck. The pick up head has a reversable stylus, one side is marked GC8.3 green (33/45 rpm) the other side GC8.1 red (78 rpm).The complete unit is a GC 8M. Sods law, i sold one of these exact decks two or three weeks ago. Anyway, the needle is missing on the GC8.3 side, so i'd like to replace the complete cartridge.I have trawled the search engines without success.Can someone please point me in the right direction.I'd be happy with a replacement new or secondhand, or even a suitable substitute. All suggestions welcome. Thanks, Colin.
Old 12th May 2009, 2:35 pm   #2
ekcobeach
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Stylus for Garrard AT6

Just want to add, i'd be happy for any replacement type so long as it is reversable.And do other decks use similar cartridges that could maybe be made to fit. Colin.
Old 12th May 2009, 2:52 pm   #3
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Why do you want to replace the cartridge if the only problem is a missing tip from one of the styli?

Musonic sell the styli; £8 for the 78rpm and £7 for the 33/45. Bear in mind these are suitable only for mono records though.
Old 12th May 2009, 3:35 pm   #4
ekcobeach
Rest in Peace

Thanks Darren, All new to me these types,didn't realise that the needles were available separately from the cartridge.Anyway sorted.Many thanks, Colin.
Old 12th May 2009, 8:04 pm   #5
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Just a quick note. The 78 stylus is usually coded Green and the 33/45 one red. Worth a check before you order. J.
Old 12th May 2009, 9:41 pm   #6
ben
Dekatron

you might be better off changing this cartridge for a more modern stereo compatible one, from the Sonotone or BSR stable, in order to protect your records. the styli for such carts are also generally more plentiful and cheaper.
Closed Thread