UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 10th Feb 2011, 8:43 pm   #1
Wellington
Hexode

Arrow Murphy A272

Saw a Murphy A272 at an auction viewing tonight - to be sold on Friday 11th February (tomorrow ) at this auction house. Lot 311. Sale commences 10:00am, so probably will be up to lot 300 by around noon.

The set looked quite well kept with only minor wear and tear on the cabinet. A quick peer through the back seemed to confirm that all valves were there. One of the battens that the back was screwed was loose, though, and the wavechange knob felt broken.

I have no commercial connection with this auction house or this item - just alerting those who may be looking for one of these.
Old 11th Feb 2011, 12:25 pm   #2
phasedout
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Murphy A272

Hi i have two of these, one sold on the e site for over 100 pounds, and it was not working, kind regards..Alan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A272C_thumb.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	46558  
Old 11th Feb 2011, 9:53 pm   #3
Wellington
Hexode

Default Re: Murphy A272

This one was a tabletop version, Alan, as seen at the bottom of this page.

I do admire the console version, though. I'd have one if space allowed. But what with 5 consoles and a radiogram in the 'to do' section, it's not gonna happen .
Closed Thread