UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 26th Jan 2011, 10:56 pm   #21
Alan Stepney
Rest in Peace

Default Re: sourcing parts : wish list

Despite my stock, I do regret the things I threw away long ago.
Mainly ex-govt radio equipment of which I had far too much.

But then the part time job was stripping such equipment for its parts, so I could get masses of gear at silly prices.

A shame I didnt keep more of it until now?
Old 7th Feb 2011, 3:47 pm   #22
Sideband
Dekatron

Default Re: sourcing parts : wish list

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegsm82 View Post
Sideband,

I know its a terrible question to ask, but what would be the 'going rate' for a 994V these days? If I remember right, it will be boxed in an original mullard box but neither of us have the facility to test.

I could always enquire as to whether he wants to sell.

Thanks, Dave.
I dread to think! There are enough people after these to push the price quite high. There are probably more PX4's around than these.....

What we need to do is find an old barn somewhere that is stacked to bursting with NOS valves and then find a few hundred 994V's brand new and in boxes. That would probably satisfy the current requirements.

PS. I do have the facility to test.....

SB