UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 14th Jan 2011, 2:21 pm   #1
Pilot Mariner
Hexode

Location: Burntwood, Staffordshire, UK or Kabaty in Warsaw Poland.
Default Hacker Windsor alert

Hi - If anyone is interested - there is a Hacker Windsor for sale on the notice board of Morrisons in Aldridge West Midlands.

Mark
Old 14th Jan 2011, 2:59 pm   #2
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Default Re: Hacker Windsor alert

Aha... a very scarce radio, we've four on file in the Hacker group database and 127 is effectively the highest serial number of any of those. It's just a mains-powered Consort in table cabinet with a 4" plastic 'speaker at each end, but a nice potential acquisition for anyone sympathetic to later Hackers

Paul
Old 14th Jan 2011, 3:20 pm   #3
mhennessy
Dekatron

Hi Mark,

Interesting. Wonder how much they want for it? And (this is a bit of a cheek), would you be willing to buy it and send post to me, in return for compensation for your efforts?

All the best,

Mark
Old 14th Jan 2011, 10:26 pm   #4
Pilot Mariner
Hexode

Location: Burntwood, Staffordshire, UK or Kabaty in Warsaw Poland.

Hi Mark

The guy wants £25 for it. Unfortunately I wont be in Aldridge till next week and then I can't get to a PO for a few days after that. Maybe I could PM you his details and you could persuade him to post it to you directly.

A work colleague tipped me off about a hacker mayflower for sale on morrisons notice board so covertly and excitedly I sneaked out of work this morning to go and see it. Imagine my disappointment when it turned out to be the Hacker Windsor instead.

Anyway it's a bit of a mediocre radio with poor sound and not stereo, not up to the usual hacker standards so I decided to give it a miss.

Mark
Closed Thread