UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Old 16th Mar 2024, 10:32 pm   #1
gary_crutchley
Heptode

Default Vidor CN430 My Lady Anne with a switch issue.

Hi all,

I love these little battery/mains sets and got this one last Christmas. It works very well but has an intermittent issue with the power/wave change switch. After running on mains for a while the radio will quite suddenly lose reception on MW, LW is unaffected. When it happens there is no sound at all from the speaker, so it seems that there is no power to the MW circuit.

I traced the issue to a contact on the middle board of the switch (not sure how you correctly describe it), I noticed it was arcing so pushed it down with an insulated screwdriver and MW was immediately restored. It seems as though the contact was expanding when warm and disconnecting from the track on the board. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Regards,

Gary
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	radio.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	294857  
gary_crutchley is offline   Reply With Quote