UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Sep 2005, 2:18 pm   #1
Andrew c
Tetrode

Default Restored TR82C

Hi All. I pruchased this Bush TR82C from ebay for a tenner about 1 year ago
and it just sat on my shelf but after doing the MB60 I could see how bad the TR82C was after a good wash for the case and fittings the chassis was cleaned and serviced.
Unfortunatly one of the chassis mounts was broken and the battery sponge was missing some Araldite fixed the mount and the sponge from a scouering pad provided the battery sponge and it now look the dog's ********
Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0041.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	1536   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0042.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	1537   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0044.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	1539   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0043.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	1540  

Last edited by mikelect; 23rd Sep 2005 at 3:19 pm. Reason: vernacular
Old 23rd Sep 2005, 4:31 pm   #2
GJR 11L
Heptode

Default Re: Restored TR82C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew c
and it now look the dog's ********
Andy
Don't be so modest, it looks ok to me.
One very minor thing though Andy, the battery should (if you're fussy about such things) sit on a rectangular piece of thick cardboard. The sponge is 1 inch square and goes on the inside of the back cover, though it's probably of more use at the size and position you've chosen.