UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Oct 2007, 1:34 am   #1
petergeorge
Retired Dormant Member

Default Honeywell

The first computer I worked on was a Honeywell 115/2 in 1975. Had a massive control panel, 80 column card reader, 1 mag tape drive, 2 disk drives, 132 column belt printer and a massive 32k of memory. Moved on to Honeywell 64/20, then L66/20, then DPS440 and multiple L6/DPS6 systems.
Old 25th Oct 2007, 11:22 am   #2
glenn-b
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Honeywell

A certain Australian corporation has the front panel (approx 1m x 2m) of a Honeywell H8200 on display in the foyer of one of its computer centres. I was a true dinosaur with lots of flashing lights and toggle switches. There was no multitasking, programs were loaded from cards and most data processing done by mag tape - mag tape. It was used up until the early 1980s and a simulator was written for the Honeywell L66 so the old applications could be run. The front panel was restored by the Honeywell field service engineers.

Last edited by Station X; 25th Oct 2007 at 1:28 pm. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed.
Old 30th Oct 2007, 12:08 am   #3
rovereab
Tetrode

Default Re: Honeywell

I remember the "bootstrap" button on the control panel for my first employer's 2040 and 2050 mainframes.

Eamonn
Closed Thread