UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Oct 2007, 10:15 am   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Spectrum Electronics Design Software

Hi!

In the early 1980s Everyday Electronics reviewed an Electronics circuit drawing/layout package that (I think!) ran on the Spectrum and possibly ZX80/ZX81 Sinclair Computers!

It produced quite nice diagrams and I'd love to find out more and see if it'll run on a PC with a compatible emulator!

Has anyone any details or can point me in the direction of a copy? I believe the firm that wrote it was based in Kempsey, Worcs! Unfortunately my copy of the mag it was reviewed in is long gone!

Many thanks,

Chris Williams
Old 21st Oct 2007, 12:07 pm   #2
arjoll
Dekatron

Default Re: Spectrum Electronics Design Software

There is a (very) slim chance that I might have this magazine - I don't remember the article but my dad used to get EE in the early-mid 80's and I seem to remember that I had a big box of them stored in our old place.

If you get no luck I could have a look to see if its in storage at my brother's place (we 'dumped' a lot of stuff there before moving 4 1/2 years ago and there's a good stack of stuff still there!) but it might be some time before I get a chance to go over there and have the time to go through several years of old mags!
Old 23rd Oct 2007, 5:15 pm   #3
Telleadict
Hexode

Hello Chris

I'm affrade I can't help with the programme you are looking for but you might like to look at http://www.worldofspectrum.org/.

This site seems to be trying to idex and archive as much Sinclair software as the volenteares can find. They also have a forum where you might get some usefull resposes.

Just a thought
William
Old 23rd Oct 2007, 5:52 pm   #4
Vicboduk
Hexode

Hello Chris,

I think I used this software (cost £30 ish?) instead of the £500 PC based package we had at the time because it was easier to use and produced better results!
I may still have a copy on "Microdrive" somewhere but due to forgettery I cant remember how to access it
I can try at the weekend for you...

Just done a search and found this;
http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infos...cgi?id=0017474

Could be what you're looking for

Vic