UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Oct 2019, 6:44 pm   #1
trabant
Retired Dormant Member

Default Cotton covered or coated fibreglass hook up wire anyone know a good source ?

Restoring a Murphy A3 looking to do the job properly and in need of some 20awg hook up wire ( solid type ) or the varnished fibreglass covered variety all the stuff I can find online seems to be aimed at the Guitar amp brigade and therefore stupid money.
Old 2nd Oct 2019, 7:15 pm   #2
John M0GLN
Octode

Default Re: Cotton covered or coated fibreglass hook up wire anyone know a good source ?

Have you looked here?

https://www.wires.co.uk/acatalog/copper.html

John
Old 2nd Oct 2019, 7:39 pm   #3
trabant
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Cotton covered or coated fibreglass hook up wire anyone know a good source ?

Yes ive looked there very confusing site swapping between length in metres and selling it by weight I'm also after coloured stuff not just white.
Old 2nd Oct 2019, 7:44 pm   #4
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Fibreglass-overbraided wire - which looks pretty much the same as cotton-braided - is used in things like cookers and storage-heaters.

A few months back I consigned an old "Tricity Viscount" cooker to the skip, but not before I'd harvested enough fibreglass-braided cable in different colours to rewire a WWII Hallicrafters S27 communications-receiver.
Old 3rd Oct 2019, 12:03 am   #5
joebog1
Banned

https://www.evatco.com.au/wire/

They sell exactly what you need, its not silly prices but it is expensive.

Joe
Closed Thread