UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Jun 2009, 5:33 pm   #1
Top Cap
Octode

Default Dansette Herald - Early Version

Just repaired this radio but not sure of the IF frequency. I have set it up for 470kHz (Still think 470kc/s sounds better) but cannot confirm if this is correct.
Does anyone have the R&TV book for 1964-65 just to make sure it is not 465kc/s? Pretty certain, being a British radio the IF is 470, the radio works very well at this anyway.
Old 14th Jun 2009, 6:13 pm   #2
GrahamN
Hexode

Default Re: Dansette Herald - Early Version

By coincidence, the manual is in front of me at the moment.

It is indeed 470kc/s
Old 14th Jun 2009, 6:38 pm   #3
Top Cap
Octode

Default Re: Dansette Herald - Early Version

Fantastic Graham, I was considering buying from the Service Data Library but the model shown does not indicate if it is the early version or the one using the dreaded Mullard Modules.
Many thanks for confirming the I.F., Mods please close this thread, many thanks. Les