UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Oct 2017, 12:38 pm   #1
Dule 083
Retired Dormant Member

Default Grundig TK 23 automatic how to record

HI i am new on forum. My name is Dusko and I live in Niksic, Montenegro.

I got one Grundig TK 23 automatic as a gift a few days ago. He is in perfect shape, but I am get him without microphone. Can he record without microphone?

If I must have microphone for recording which one to chase? Can enyone send me pictures of microphone, and in particular plugin from him?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards from Montenegro.
Old 6th Oct 2017, 9:41 am   #2
BillDWVA
Pentode

Default Re: Grundig TK 23 automatic how to record

Hi,
You can connect a low-level high impedance source from a radio line or tape output or the headphones output on your PC or iPad to the direct input on the TK. It will be marked 'Line In', 'Radio' or 'P.U.'.
For speech or voice recording you will need a microphone. Again, a high-impedance mic will be needed. Try searching online for 'High impedance crystal microphone'. You may be able to find a genuine old Grundig one that is suitable. However most standard mics will have a 6.25mm jack plug so you may have to find a suitable plug to suit the Grundig.. DIN?

Hope this helps,
Bill
Closed Thread