UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Sep 2017, 2:44 pm   #1
robert32
Retired Dormant Member

Default Fidelity TR19 Reel-to-Reel tape player

Hi there,

I recently bought an old Edwardian property in need of some restoration. I finally got into the loft a few weeks ago and have uncovered a few gems... record players, reel-to-reel tape players, old televisions, radios, etc.

None are necessarily particularly high-end, but I am keen to get the Fidelity TR19 working again. First challenge is finding a plug. Any idea what amperage I should use?

Thanks,

Rob.
Old 24th Sep 2017, 2:55 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Fidelity TR19 Reel-to-Reel tape player

Do you mean the mains plug? Just fit a normal BS1363 3 pin plug with a 3A or 5A fuse.

I would caution against just plugging it in and hoping for the best though, especially if it's been in a loft for 40 years.

A TR19 was discussed here: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=14863
Old 24th Sep 2017, 4:11 pm   #3
Colourstar
Octode

Many of us on here dream of moving to a house and finding items such as those in the loft (although that doesn't necessarily mean they have any great financial value!)

Are you able to take photos of what's up there?

Steve
Old 24th Sep 2017, 7:07 pm   #4
Timvintage
Pentode

Yes, I have often imagined how great it would be to go up in to the loft and find such things up there, long forgotten! It will definitely be very interesting to find out what other things you find in there!
Closed Thread