UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Feb 2019, 9:34 pm   #1
Nukeybrown
Heptode

Default Information on Chinese speakers.

Can anyone shed any light on these speakers make etc..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4BACA13F-DCA1-4147-9DF5-2AA1E91C56E1.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	178657   Click image for larger version

Name:	5F21A0F5-869C-4262-907C-FCDBB6D7C6F1.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	178658   Click image for larger version

Name:	C1FCF69C-F337-4DFB-914F-186B8E18DD99.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	178659  
Old 19th Feb 2019, 10:07 am   #2
rontech
Heptode

Default Re: Information on chinese speakers

I am not familiar with chinese speakers but note that the impedance is 16 ohms. This is quite unusual these days. The size, impedance, and inner treble cone are characteristic of british speakers of the late 50's. E.G. Goodmans Axiom 150 Mk 2.
Old 19th Feb 2019, 11:10 am   #3
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Information on Chinese speakers.

In a period box, they look like they would go well with a pair of 5-10s or the like......
.........O..Chris....O
Old 19th Feb 2019, 8:54 pm   #4
peter_sol
Octode

They may be from the 60's. They do look like Goodmans copies.
Why do you need to know the make?
Old 19th Feb 2019, 10:45 pm   #5
Nukeybrown
Heptode

They came with a load of other stuff, so im now curious of their origin etc.
Old 20th Feb 2019, 12:31 am   #6
Nukeybrown
Heptode

I have found out a bit more information about these full range speakers, they are designed for valve amps and made by a company in china called fei le. Not sure when they were made but i have them in their original boxes wrapped in a kind of oil paper tied up with string as they were when they were orignally imported. As i am not particularly big on valve stuff is it something that anyone on here would be interested in. From what i have read people are right, they looked at goodman axiom etc and copied them , some say its hard to tell the difference between these and the axioms.
Old 20th Feb 2019, 11:16 am   #7
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

I am sure there would be interest here. Some of my first Hi Fi systems used 12" drivers with concentric tweeter cones and they did sound good. And no crossovers needed!
Old 20th Feb 2019, 1:32 pm   #8
AC/HL
Dekatron

Never heard of them before, but there's a few illustrated here: https://www.google.com/search?q=fei+...w=1280&bih=870
Old 20th Feb 2019, 9:28 pm   #9
Nukeybrown
Heptode

Thanks for that edward, just not sure what price to put on them, might put them on an auction site and let them find their own feet.
Old 26th Feb 2019, 12:25 am   #10
Nukeybrown
Heptode

Found out a bit more information about these speakers, in China they have a cult following with groups set up online in china purely for Fei Le products. They are not massively known outside of china simply because they were never imported. The guy who originally owned them travelled around china etc with work and brought them back to the uk on one of these trips which is how they ended up in the UK. In China they have been compared to the likes of goodman axiom 400 etc and were found to give better sound and excellent for vocal reproduction. They were never really a copy of the goodman axiom but more the chinese version available in china only which obviously was a cheaper option for the chinese than importing the goodmans axiom even though in china they were still expensive due to the high build quality which i can vouch for, very well made. I hope if anyone ever see’s a pair of these speakers not to disregard them as chinese rubbish as they are superb quality speakers. A lot of this information i have gained from one of the Fei Le group members in China with the help from google translate lol.
Closed Thread