UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Dec 2018, 7:56 am   #1
joebog1
Banned

Default Polystryrene capacitor voltage ratings

I need some help.
I have just obtained quite a few bags of brand new polystyrene caps that all use letters for their voltage rating.
Can somebody please help with deciphering the voltages.
I did have a very old Philips code, but after my first computer crash ( yes FIRST !! ) I lost all my data.
Thanks in advance

Joe
Old 11th Dec 2018, 10:03 pm   #2
m0cemdave
Octode

Default Re: Polystryrene capacitor voltage ratings

I can't remember which catalogue I found this in, and can't promise that yours will be the same - but I have this note in my drawer of polystyrene capacitors:

Z = 30V
X = 160V
V = 400V
U = 630V

Somewhat related, the ITT Bible gives the following colour code for the markings on the old Suflex HS range:

Blue = 30V
Orange = 63V
Black = 160V
Red = 400V
Green = 630V

Last edited by m0cemdave; 11th Dec 2018 at 10:16 pm.
Closed Thread