UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Nov 2017, 1:52 pm   #1
Pieter H
Tetrode

Default UK Television Service Manuals on-line?

Hi all,

What surprises me is that it is so far almost impossible to find on-line Service Manuals of UK television sets. Personally I'm looking especially for Philips/Mullard, but it's valid for all brands as far as I can see.

This in contrast to other countries like Germany (Radiomuseum.org), France (TSF-Radio), Netherlands (NVHR) and Belgium (Frank's pocnet), to mention just a few, there are quite a few more.

So my question: is there anything similar in the UK that I have so far overlooked? Any help much appreciated since I haven't found a single UK TV set after 1956!

Any help or pointers much appreciated!

Cheers, Pieter
Old 29th Nov 2017, 1:57 pm   #2
Cobaltblue

Default Re: UK Television Service Manuals on-line?

Jon has a few at www.thevalvepage.com

The problem is someone has to pay for the webspace and spend hundreds of hours scanning and cleaning original images so others can download for free and no effort. Volunteers?

Cheers

Mike T
Old 29th Nov 2017, 2:30 pm   #3
Cobaltblue

Radiomuseum has a lot of circuits so may be a potential source although they have a limited amount of 70's and 80's TV's

Cheers Mike T
Old 29th Nov 2017, 2:57 pm   #4
Paul Stenning
Administrator

One of my new DVD-ROMs will contain a lot of vintage television data, and the manuals will also be available to buy individually at www.service-data.com however this is still at least several months away.

If you need anything specific please message me and I will see if it is already scanned.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 29th Nov 2017, 4:04 pm   #5
ThePillenwerfer
Octode

Several of us has the R&TVS books which, whilst not as good as manufacturer's service data, is better than nothing. If you ask for details for of particular model somebody may scan it for you.

'Practical Television' magazine also used to publish articles about servicing/repairing specific sets but knowing what issue the thing you're interested in, if any, would present a challenge.
Old 2nd Dec 2017, 9:50 pm   #6
Pieter H
Tetrode

Hi guys,

thanks for your inputs. Of course I know Radiomuseum (hardly UK sets) and the Valve Page (nothing beyond the 1950s).
The problem is that for tracing back (in my case) the tuner history I want to be able to scan through series of service manuals to see the trends, and only for specific cases need more detailed information. As said, that is available for many countries except the UK.
The positive thing though, is that you confirm these overviews don't exist on-line, so I know I didn't overlook any. I suppose I need to be patient then.

Cheers, Pieter
Old 3rd Dec 2017, 9:56 am   #7
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter H View Post
... I want to be able to scan through series of service manuals to see the trends, and only for specific cases need more detailed information.
My new DVD-ROM will be ideal for you when it's released then. Probably middle of next year based on current sorting and scanning progress.

Paul Stenning
Old 4th Dec 2017, 11:46 pm   #8
Pieter H
Tetrode

Hi Paul,

I look forward to it then!
Please let us know when it will be available.
In the meantime I'll try to be patient

Cheers, Pieter
Old 9th Dec 2017, 3:41 am   #9
Maarten
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Stenning View Post
My new DVD-ROM will be ideal for you when it's released then. Probably middle of next year based on current sorting and scanning progress.
Will it sport original manuals with the parts lists including all code numbers?
Old 9th Dec 2017, 7:38 pm   #10
Paul Stenning
Administrator

It will be mostly manufacturers manuals, and will include all the information in the originals. If there is a separate parts list manual I will include that as part of the manual too. Obviously the amount of information varies a lot between manufacturers, and in some cases I only have provisional data. Trader sheets and ERT etc will be included too, whether or not I have the manufacturers manual, as I prefer to include everything available.

Paul Stenning
Old 19th Dec 2017, 1:04 am   #11
m0cemdave
Octode

Paul - I will send you a PM re this thread
Closed Thread