UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Oct 2007, 12:05 pm   #1
Colin
Heptode

Default Leader 8022 20MHz 2-Channel Oscilloscope service data wanted

I'm having trouble with the timebase lock on my Leader 8022 scope and really could do with a circuit diagram/service manual.

Does anyone have a copy they can let me have or know of a source of this information on the web?

Thanks
Colin
Old 16th Oct 2007, 7:58 pm   #2
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: Leader 8022 20MHz 2-Channel Oscilloscope service data wanted

Hi Colin, failing getting a circuit you could try looking at the PCB as the functions were often silk screened onto it. Look for the usual leaky caps and also high value resistors.
Clean sync selector switches and also clean ther board.
If all else fails I have a coulpe of nice scopes to tempt you next time you are in the area.

Best regards, Ed
Old 16th Oct 2007, 9:49 pm   #3
Colin
Heptode

Hi Ed, thanks for the tips. I'll have a poke around. You're right, there's a lot of info silk screened on the board and it is possible to roughly locate the triggering circuit components. I'll cover off the basics - caps and high value resistors and also give the switch a shot of servisol. The trace can be stabilised by using the Holdoff control but it drifts. Also the sweep seems to be very unstable and has a slight 'waving' motion when there's no input.

It's annoying as this one is my 'Sunday Best' scope ... perhaps I will take you up on your invitation when next I'm in the North!

rgds
Colin
Old 17th Oct 2007, 11:10 am   #4
Colin
Heptode

Result

I emailed those nice people at Leader Instruments in the US and they've sent me the LS 8022 Service Manual in PDF format - FOC.

What great customer service.

Now all I have to do is fix the scope ...

rgds
Colin
Old 17th Oct 2007, 9:30 pm   #5
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Colin, if otherthings are drifting as well try checking the main HT rails as if they are drifting other things are often referenced to them and drift as well.

Ed
Old 17th Oct 2007, 9:47 pm   #6
Colin
Heptode

Hi Ed,

The main HT rail is spot on at 185v and as the CRT EHT is 2KV I haven't tried to measure it yet!

Colin