UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Mar 2018, 7:37 pm   #1
eaglework
Pentode

Default No email alert for PMs

Hi,
Can anyone shed any light on why I no longer get email alerts when I receive a PM?
I have checked my forum config/profile and cannot see anything wrong.

Thanks

Jon
Old 6th Mar 2018, 7:43 pm   #2
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: No email alert for PMs

They still work for me.

Assuming your email address is correct and working, check if they are ending up in your junk or spam box. Spam filters are getting stronger and unfortunately tend to catch more wanted automated messages along with the junk.

Try whitelisting *@vintage-radio.net in your spam filter settings to let anything from the forum domain get through.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 6th Mar 2018, 9:06 pm   #3
Dave Moll
Dekatron

One thing to check is whether you have the option set to receive a notifcation email of PMs being sent to you. If you go into "User CP" at the top of a forum page, then select "Edit Options" from the left-hand menu, you will see a number of options relating to private messages. Make sure that the one marked "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages" is set.
Old 7th Mar 2018, 7:39 am   #4
John M0GLN
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Moll View Post
One thing to check is whether you have the option set to receive a notifcation email of PMs being sent to you. If you go into "User CP" at the top of a forum page, then select "Edit Options" from the left-hand menu, you will see a number of options relating to private messages. Make sure that the one marked "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages" is set.
Well I never knew that and I was only thinking the other day how useful it would be.

Thanks

John
Old 7th Mar 2018, 9:21 am   #5
eaglework
Pentode

Thanks Paul and Dave.
I have checked my user CP and it has the option to send emails ticked and nothing obviously getting caught by my spam filter but just in case I have white listed the forum's domain. Will see if that makes any difference.

Jon
Closed Thread