UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 3rd Jul 2020, 10:38 am   #1
Nigel Weaver
Diode

Default Audiolab 8000T

My beloved tuner has nearly died and I'd like it resurrecting!
Symptoms are despite a good outdoor aerial (tested with another tuner and working fine) it can only pick up the strongest signal (one station) in hissy mono
Also will not select MW. I never use MW but don't know if the 2 issues are related...
I've tried IAG who just said "You've done well for it to have lasted this long!" saying they didn't support any of the 8000 series any more and couldn't recommend any independent repairers. Really disappointed that a back-in-the-day 800 tuner can be abandoned in terms of support.
I've combed the internet without success
Can anyone recommend anyone who knows what they're doing with this model?
Cheers
Nigel
Nigel Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2020, 8:45 pm   #2
yestertech
Octode

Default Re: Audiolab 8000T

Hi Nigel

Have sent you a PM

Andy
yestertech is offline   Reply With Quote