UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Mar 2018, 7:31 pm   #1
cymru2005
Retired Dormant Member

Default Teac 2300SD problems

Can anyone advise.
I have a Teac 2300SD tape machine, it will play back an old tape but won't record.

I've tried new tape and cleaned the heads thoroughly, changed the larger caps on the bias osc. board that looked a little burnt and tested low. The voltage test point on the bias osc. seems to be getting power, but i think it's 1-2volts more than expected. I noticed the coil wrapped resistor seems to have reduced ohms, right where the power comes in, so it's probably sending through too much voltage. I will replace that. I found two suspect C945 transistors on the the little power board that I changed, I also checked the bias osc. relay, to check the contacts weren't dirty and were engaging.

It still won't record. I only know the very basics about tape machines and electronics, I think I have reached my technical limit.
Unless it's something obvious I'm stumped to what it could be now. Any suggestions where I should look next?

Alternatively I'm based in Cardiff and I'm looking for somewhere to repair and calibrate it to LGR 35 tape if anyone has suggestions.
Many thanks.
Old 1st Apr 2018, 8:42 pm   #2
buggies
Heptode

Default Re: Teac 2300SD problems

I don't know the particular machine - but does it erase an old tape when switched to record?
Old 1st Apr 2018, 10:38 pm   #3
TIMTAPE
Octode

Default Re: Teac 2300SD problems

Have you checked the Record Mode switches are making good electrical contact?
Closed Thread