UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Nov 2018, 3:14 pm   #1
Geneman14
Diode

Default Braun SK6 – connecting external speaker

Hi,

I'm looking for some kind of adapter that will allow me to connect my old braun SK6 to an external amplifier.

Please see attached – is it possible to connect the black two pronged plug on the right of the image (don't know what these are called) to an adapter that will then send the audio to an external amp/speaker set up instead of the built in internal speaker?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5365.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	172557  
Old 10th Nov 2018, 3:56 pm   #2
dglcomp
Heptode

Default Re: Braun SK6 – connecting external speaker

The round DIN connector (marked with the tape symbol) is probably your best bet at it generally has both an input and output on that connector for rec/playback from a tape machine (designed (in this case I would guess) primarily to be able to record radio programmes).

Cables are freely available for this purpose as the same connector/pinout was used on a lot of devices. Just look for a DIN to RCA plug, one with 4 RCA plugs being the most flexible, or just make your own.
Old 10th Nov 2018, 4:50 pm   #3

This https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N0PYY...a-445380327055 will do admirably two of the plugs will have audio on them, the other two will be inputs.

Old 10th Nov 2018, 4:55 pm   #4
Geneman14
Diode

Amazing!

Thanks for the replies.
Old 11th Nov 2018, 2:21 pm   #5
roffe
Hexode

The Braun SK6 has rather unusual loudspeaker connections.
See my post here:
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=128959
Old 11th Nov 2018, 9:03 pm   #6
Geneman14
Diode

Thanks roffe, I had already seen your post. I'll try the above mentioned DIN to 4 RCA cable and report back. I have a feeling this solution seems too simple to be true!

Thanks again
Old 12th Nov 2018, 9:55 am   #7
rontech
Heptode

Back in about 1960 I had a Telefunken mono tape recorder with a similar DIN line level in/out socket. A simple DIN to RCA cable worked fine with my main hi fi amp & speakers.
Old 16th Nov 2018, 8:24 pm   #8
Geneman14
Diode

So there's good news and bad news...

The good news is I have sound out of the Braun and into my amp using the DIN connector as described above. The bad news is I'm only getting one channel. Also the output is very quiet.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Closed Thread