UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Jul 2020, 3:00 pm   #1
PsychMan
Octode

Default Black & Decker Drill Plus attachments

Black and decker drill, 2 x circular saw attachments, 1 used, 1 mint boxed.

Sander attachment and a few saw discs, as below. Drill seems to run fine.

£10, Collection from Fleet, Hampshire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6243.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	212138  
Old 29th Jul 2020, 3:14 pm   #2
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Black & Decker Drill Plus attachments

That's a very nice collection you have there. Worth adding the picture and short description to the vintage drills thread.

You do realise that someone's going to ask if you can post them, regardless of you saying they're for collection only.
Old 29th Jul 2020, 3:26 pm   #3
PsychMan
Octode

I may well add some info to that thread. The were my grandfathers, Iíve had a lot of tools to clear, mostly newer budget tools, this is the last of it.

Itís not worth my time to post them though and I expect the cost would be quite high. Hoping to find someone local who will take them, letís see

Adam
Old 29th Jul 2020, 3:34 pm   #4
Techman
Dekatron

Fingers crossed for you that they find a good home.

I think if they were mine that I'd hang on to them, although I fully appreciate that you can't keep everything.
Old 29th Jul 2020, 6:54 pm   #5
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Just as a matter of interest, not being in a position to collect, is the drill variable speed or fixed?
Old 29th Jul 2020, 7:46 pm   #6
buggies
Hexode

Looks like my D720 - two speed gearbox 900/2400 rpm.
Old 30th Jul 2020, 12:52 pm   #7
PsychMan
Octode

This lot is now FREE if collected

There is an adjustment tab on the side of the drill, but not sure if this changes the speed or not, maybe im not using it right...

The drill itself doesn't have the chuck attachment unfortunately. I hope someone on here can save it. If not, it will be offered free on facebook, and failing that be taken to the dump. Id like to keep it but really don't have the space. I have a tiny workshop and already an extra cache of tools in the loft as it is
Old 30th Jul 2020, 1:29 pm   #8
terrybull
Octode

That takes me back. I had a very similar set years ago. As for the tab. If you lift it you should be able to turn it 180 degrees to select the different speed. Then push the tab flat again.
Old 30th Jul 2020, 1:31 pm   #9
Techman
Dekatron

The 'tab' on the side of the gearbox is the speed change. Whatever you do DON'T power the drill up if you've played around with this 'tab'. With a chuck in place you're supposed to turn it by hand to rotate and engage the internal gears when you've changed speed. This can't be done with a missing chuck, so if the 'tab' has been rotated then power should NOT be applied until something has been screwed into the drill to enable rotation by hand, otherwise when power is applied it's possible to strip the gears in the gearbox. The eccentric rotating part from the sanding attachment could be screwed into the drill to rotate it and engage the gears to save any possible damage.

If I was just down the road from you I would save these items. Hopefully someone near to you will give them a home and put them to good use.
Old 31st Jul 2020, 1:13 pm   #10
PsychMan
Octode

Mods please close, someone local to me via facebook is taking these off me today
Old 31st Jul 2020, 8:58 pm   #11
PsychMan
Octode

Collection via Facebook has fallen through. After having disposed of a lot of things through that, Iím now sick of unreliable, and frankly rude people. Iíd much rather go to some lengths to rehome it here if possible.

I will now be offering this posted to anyone interested.

The deal is, give me a few days to get it all packed, and I will only charge what the post office charge me to send it, which will be on the cheapest service possible.

I will give preference to techman if he is interested as he has shown interest and provided some useful advice.

Best regards
Adam
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 8:56 am   #12
PsychMan
Octode

Last call for these

Iím off to the tip tomorrow, if I donít have any commitment to take them (posted or collection in person) then thats where theyíre going.

Itís a shame, but if I cannot find anyone who will take them - even on here, then thereís no point in them existing
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 9:59 am   #13
Sinewave
Octode

You'll find someone who wants them. I wouldn't panic just yet and resort to 'I'll chuck them in the tip' after not even a week. Some people don't check the sales area that often.

At 144-146.00Mhz, keeping one wavelength apart.
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 2:50 pm   #14
PsychMan
Octode

I offered a black and decker item here some time ago and nobody ever took that, itís still in my loft.

So unfortunately sinewave, I donít share the optimism. A lot of us donít like seeing things being disposed of, but none of us seem willing to take them on ourselves.

Iíve spent the last few weeks disposing of many tools (not vintage for the most part) via Facebook. These are the last bits left, the only people to bite via Facebook were time wasters who never showed up. I feel Iíve gone to more effort to try and rehome these items than they warrant to be honest
Old 3rd Aug 2020, 2:11 pm   #15
PsychMan
Octode

Techman is saving the black and decker bits.

Mods please close.
Closed Thread