UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Nov 2017, 7:40 pm   #21
Mazda Man
Triode

Default Re: Baird M676 console set

Hi Edward. The sound is very respectable but nothing outstanding. Quite happy with the results though.
Hi Derrick. Thanks for the info. Yes both caps were replaced across the cathode resistors during the repairs. The problem was eventually solved by a mod from a radio rentals thechnical information sheet. If anone needs the mod let me know and I will look it up again.
Dave
Old 27th Nov 2017, 10:05 pm   #22
AD360 Rob
Hexode

Oh the memories this thread brings back. Of when I was a youngster and my grandparents had one of these sets (with doors) on hire from the local TV and radio shop, John Hurst/Hirst radio . I remember spending many hours watching all sorts of films and programmes every weekend. My grandfather was most upset when Hurst's wouldn't repair it any longer and withdrew it from hire. He wanted to buy it from them just for the cabinet (to make into a drinks cabinet but they wouldn't sell. It was their first dual standard set replacing an old Murphy 405 set (the one with the controls on top ). It was replaced with a GEC thing, all transistor, 625 only and with a poor picture by comparison.
Old 27th Nov 2017, 10:54 pm   #23
1955APREN
Hexode

I only came across this fault once (lost of frame lock with correct heigh setting)if I rember right it cost me 2hours + unpaid overtime after shop manger had passed some sarcasm about his eng,s standers.Must have been 1969/1970 time.
thats why it as stook in my mind. Pleased you got it working good sets.
regards Derrick
Closed Thread